a Pledge and Join Us in Supporting Excellence in Education |
Many students in Northern New Mexico do not have the money to fund their college education. We ask for your support in
providing financial assistance to these deserving high school and college students. Whether you choose to make a one-time donation or commit
to a longer-term pledge, your generosity will help a student from your community build a fulfilling career and a bright future.
LAESF once again broke fundraising records during the 2015 annual giving campaign, reporting a total of $613,188.50 raised. Of that amount, 910 LANL employees, contractors and visiting scientists contributed $357,835.40, surpassing the $350,000 goal set by LAESF. Los Alamos National Security, LLC (LANS) provided a $250,000 match of employee donations. The additional $5,353.10 came from special events and contributors outside the Laboratory.
The 2015 campaign marked a 46% increase in Lab participation from last year’s $327,000 donated by 620 LANL employees. Steve Girrens, Associate Director for Engineering Sciences at the Lab and campaign champion, said he is pleased by the significant increase in donors and contributions.
The 2014 campaign funded and impressive 119 scholarships totaling $456,500 awarded to 112 students in 2015! General donations are accepted year-round. Click here to give.
“Thank you to the loyal repeat supporters and to the new donors who together lifted our participation level to record heights,” Girrens said. “The generosity of LANL employees and LANS continues to create scholarships for local students, investing in Northern New Mexico and the future Laboratory workforce.”
See below for more information and to make a donation, or contact Tony Fox at (505) 753-8890 ext 116.
All scholarship funds are invested with the University of California, whose
returns have consistently ranked among the highest performance rates in the country. The LAESF campaign has several giving options. Click on each to view a description:
Los Alamos Employees’ General Scholarship
• The Los
Alamos Employees’ Endowed Scholarship
• The John & Marti Browne Endowed Leadership Scholarship
• The Regional College Scholarship Fund
• The Senator Pete Domenici Endowed Scholarship Fund
• Northern New Mexico Tribal Business Scholarship Fund
• Where funds are most needed
How Can I Contribute?
You may support excellence in education through the Los Alamos Employees’ Scholarship Fund in one of the following ways:
· General donations may be made through our secure online form or by filling out a general donation form (PDF) and sending a check to the LANL Foundation.
· LANL employees may only make pledges through the online Oracle payroll deduction system (no hard-copy forms) in order to receive the LANS match.
· LANL Affiliates/Guest Scientists and Craft employees can download separate hard-copy forms, which must be used in order to receive the LANS match.
Please note that LANL employee payroll deductions are not automatically renewed from year to year.
The LANL Foundation administers the scholarship fund and ensures that all donor contributions go directly to student awards. All contributions are tax deductible.
The LANS match is subject to an 11% administrative fee.
Planned or Memorial Gifts
The LANL Foundation accepts planned or memorial
gifts dedicated to the scholarship fund. Donors
scholarships in perpetuity through the following
• $25,000 provides a $1,000 scholarship in perpetuity
• $50,000 provides a $2,500 scholarship in perpetuity
• $100,000 provides a $5,000 scholarship in perpetuity