LANL Foundation is a small, regional nonprofit grounded in the communities of Northern New Mexico, with a focus on education and life-long learning through innovative programming, collaboration, and advocacy. Employment opportunities are posted here as they become available.
There are currently 2 open positions with an application deadline of January 19, 2018: Program Assistant for K-12 Program Office and Graphic Design Production Assistant. See below for details
Program Assistant for K-12 Program Office
The K-12 Program Assistant is the key support to the K-12 Program Director. This full-time position coordinates overall work flow for the K-12 Program Office, serves as the administrative assistant to the K-12 Program Director, manages the K-12 grants that come out of the K-12 budget, and supports the K-12 team with general office operations.
- Maintain an organized system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects for the Program Director and team.
- Prepare and maintain K-12 Program Director calendar; schedule appointments, meetings, and manage calendar.
- Work closely with the Executive Secretary to the CEO to coordinate scheduling and provide back up for grants administration.
- Coordinate K-12 Program project meetings and prepare agenda for distribution.
- Coordinate travel for the Program Director and team members.
- Answer and prioritize telephone calls, email, and mail communication with internal and external publics for the Program Director.
- Create, update and/or maintain organized files and records for the Program Director including documenting events and activities of programs within K-12.
- Coordinate and plan events including professional development workshops, conferences, administrator meetings, and trainings.
- Draft and/or edit correspondence including memos, letters, and emails.
- Maintain databases including current teacher and district personnel.
- Maintain up-to-date website presence.
- Support project evaluation with data organization.
- General administrative support and other duties assigned as needed.
- BA/BS degree preferred with a minimum of 5 years’ administrative experience in a fast-paced organization.
- Experience in setting priorities and meeting deadlines for multiple staff including calendar management, travel arrangements, and event planning coordination.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in an environment requiring diplomacy and good judgment.
- Demonstrated skill in composing, typing and proofing materials.
- Creativity, humor, kindness, flexibility, and demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a collaborative team member.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and experience establishing organizational systems to improve efficiency and functionality in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office 365.
- Ability to communicate, work across, and celebrate diverse cultural settings with a wide range of constituencies.
Salary range $45,000–$50,000 DOE. Benefits include health care, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, vacation and sick leave. This will be a non-exempt position eligible for overtime pay outlined by the Foundation policy on overtime.
Send letter of interest & résumé by January 19, 2018 to email@example.com. No phone calls.
Graphic Design Production Assistant
The Graphic Design Production Assistant performs basic graphic design duties in support of the internal and external communications needs of the LANL Foundation’s education programs and office operations under management of the Communications Director. This is part-time position in Española, NM.
- Based on design templates, create layouts of flyers, posters, brochures, advertisements, presentations and email blasts for program promotion and events
- Follow organizational branding guidelines, maintain creative standards
- Update website using a content management system
- Search and obtain images, color correct and resize as needed
- Organize a photo archive
- Create vector illustrations/icons
- Prepare files for printing (knowledge of CMYK vs. RGB), work with production vendors
- Write social media messages with images/graphics
- Attend meetings and take accurate notes
- Assist in proofreading of marketing materials
- Assist in photography and video projects
- Draft and edit correspondence including emails and press releases
- Maintain an organized system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects
- Perform general administrative support and other duties as needed
- AA or BA/BS degree in media arts or graphic design preferred or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years’ experience with professional graphics projects in a fast-paced organization
- Proficiency in Adobe CC software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) on Mac platform
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Ability to handle multiple demands, work under time pressures, and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, attention to detail
- Ability to follow directions, ask questions, take initiative, and follow through
- Effective on individual and team projects
- Willingness to be open, to learn, and take on new responsibilities
- Ability to communicate with, work across, and celebrate diverse cultures and audiences
- Creativity and kindness
$17–20 per hour dependent upon experience, 20 hours per week. This is a part-time, in-office position, no benefits are included.
Send letter of interest, résumé and portfolio samples (PDF or website link, no hardcopies) by January 19, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.