Position Title: Executive Assistant & Advancement Associate
Position Overview and Purpose of the Role
The LANL Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) public charity that focuses on learning and human potential in seven Northern New Mexico counties. Celebrating its 25th year, the Foundation makes grants, runs innovative programs, collaborates with multiple partners and communities, advocates and manages a large scholarship program.
The Executive Assistant and Advancement Associate is the key support to the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) (75%of time). This position is the liaison between the CEO, Board of Directors and Staff. This position also maintains all legal records for the Board. The Executive Assistant and Advancement Associate also assists the Vice President of Institutional Advancement and Scholarships (VP of IA and Scholarships) (25% of time).
This position plays a critical role in enabling the President and CEO to work most effectively with internal and external stakeholders to fulfill her commitments to the LANL Foundation’s Board of Directors, staff, partners, and funders. This position is responsible for the quality of support processes for all Board and committee meetings including the development and maintenance of a Board Orientation Manual. This position is important to help maintain a positive, supportive, inclusive, respectful and fun culture at the LANL Foundation and will work closely on this with the CEO while also serving as the lead on projects and programs to promote this culture. A great sense of humor is important!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and distributes all documentation/board packets, under the direction of the President and CEO, for quarterly board meetings coordinating executive leadership and other staff members to meet content standards and deadlines.
- Prepares formal reports to the Board of Directors for quarterly Board meetings.
- Maintain an organized system of tracking, monitoring and prioritizing CEO projects.
- Prepare and maintain CEO calendar; schedule appointments, meetings and manage calendar
- Create, update and maintain organized files and records for the CEO.
- Draft and/or edit correspondence including memos, letters and email.
- Assist the CEO in creating presentations and power points.
- Preparing CEO and the VP of IA and Scholarships for internal and external meetings with analysis and bios on key players in the room when appropriate.
- Answer and prioritize email and phone calls.
- Make travel arrangements for CEO and Staff, as directed.
- Arrange Board and Committee meeting arrangements, including catering and room setup.
- Organize and attend to all logistics for Board and Staff retreats.
- Coordinate and oversee the preparation of meeting packets and distribute to the Board in a timely manner.
- Attend all Board Meetings, record and take minutes.
- Prepare final minutes for Board distribution.
- Supervise and maintain all legal records for the Board.
- Help with setup and cleanup of Foundation events. Attend all Foundation events (approximately 4-6 per year, some of which may be after hours).
- Other duties, as assigned.
For the VP of IA and Scholarships:
- Schedule appointments for the VP of IA and Scholarships and assist with meeting preparation.
- Attain high level of proficiency with the Foundation’s Zoom room equipment and scheduling.
- Maintain a solid understanding of the Salsa and related CRM databases, including periodic maintenance.
- Assist with Legacy Society events and planning.
- Assist with donor research and outreach.
- Assist with Foundation communications and liaison with our communications contractor team.
- Maintenance of certain content within the Foundation website.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- BA/BS degree preferred, with a minimum of 5 years administrative, development and/or Executive Assistant experience in a fast-paced organization.
- Experience with non-profit organizations preferred.
- Experience in setting priorities and meeting deadlines for multiple staff.
- Experience in calendar management, travel arrangements and event planning coordination.
- Excellent time management skills; highly organized.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated skill in composing and proofing materials; detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and work across multi-cultural settings and with a wide range of constituencies.
- Excellent computer skills with strong knowledge and competency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Key Desired Qualities:
- Tact, diplomacy, and persistence;
- Uses process improvement skillset to resolve critical issues throughout the organization;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Creative thinker and problem solver;
- Learners mind-set; willing to learn new skills;
- Internally motivated, self-starter and inspires other to participate;
- Proven writing skills - the ability to successfully write and edit professional fundraising documents;
- Strives for excellence in this job with a “Can Do” attitude;
- Supports teamwork and collaboration by demonstrating strong interpersonal skills;
- Communicates effectively through clear speaking, writing and effective listening.
- Behaves respectfully, ethically and with personal integrity
- Demonstrates adaptability through a willingness to be flexible and versatile in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
Compensation and Benefits:
- $50,000 - $59,000, depending on experience. This is a non-exempt position.
- Benefits include a 401k plan, healthcare, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, vacation and sick leave
Equity and Inclusion
The LANL Foundation values a diverse and inclusive work environment. The successful candidate will be passionate about education and the students, children and families of Northern New Mexico. We actively recruit a diverse workforce.
Email cover letter & résumé to email@example.com.
No phone calls