Materials Specialist I
The Materials Specialist I will work under the supervision of the Science Resource Center (SRC) Manager. This position works in the LANL Foundation’s warehouse located in Chimayo, NM. The SRC receives, processes, circulates and re-shelves science kits and materials for elementary school classrooms in the Northern New Mexico school districts. This is a full-time position (40 hours a week). Compensation is $15 per hour including excellent benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives, process (refurbish), circulate and re-shelve science kits and materials in resource center.
- Maintains science kits (e.g. cleans dirty materials, replenish used materials, reports missing materials, label new kits, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability for use at school sites and rotating materials as required.
- Gathers necessary supplies, materials and printed matter.
- Verifies materials against packing list.
- Ensures inclusion of all required items.
- Follows refurbishment directions carefully and thoroughly.
- Assures that all items going into kits, including tote is presentable.
- Organize and maintain science kit materials. Count and prepare pre-packed sets of items for inclusion in educational materials kits.
- Inventory equipment and materials for the purpose of documenting losses and/or maintaining availability of materials.
- Receive and process all deliveries of warehouse materials (e.g. completing all paperwork, verifies packing slips, etc.).
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a copier, laminator, computer, pallet stacker and assigned software.
- Maintains cleanliness of Science Resource Center. Perform warehouse and refurbishment room clean-up, including counter cleaning, sweeping, mopping, breaking down cardboard, trash removal, etc.
- Attend a variety of in-service trainings and meetings.
- Assist with trainings, conferences and institutes as needed; moving boxes, making copies, helping with registration, assisting teachers/trainers, errand running, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment; telephone techniques and etiquette; oral and written communication skills; operation of a computer and software (MSOffice).
- Knowledge to perform basic math; understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Learn and practice LANL Foundation policies/procedures and warehouse safety procedures.
- Refurbish science kits quickly and accurately. It is expected that the employee meet a 1 kit/hour average refurbishment rate.
- Employee regularly works in an indoor warehouse environment.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting of 75lbs and frequent lifting of 30lbs or more. Any item weighing more than the maximum lift requirement will be moved in a two person lift or with the use of a pallet jack/stacker/dolly.
- Generally the job requires 25% sitting, 15% walking and 60% standing.
- As this job involves regular driving to assure proper delivery and pick up of science kits to and from school sites, must be 25 year or older and possess an unrestricted driver’s license. Occasional trips for other business purposes may be required
To apply for this position, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Sunday, April 12, 2020