LANL Foundation is a small, regional nonprofit grounded in the communities of Northern New Mexico, with a focus on education and life-long learning through innovative programming, collaboration, and advocacy. Employment opportunities are posted here as they become available.
Vice President of Finance and Operations
The Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) Foundation HR/Accounting Associate is a part-time, non-exempt position in support of VP of Finance and Operations. This position will work from the LANL Foundation office located in Española to provide assistance in the Human Resources and Accounting Departments.
- Timekeeping and payroll: While payroll is outsourced to a third-party provider for actual processing, the HR/Accounting Associate is responsible for the following:
- Provides administrative support for employees in completing timesheets and processes payroll.
- Computes, withholds, and accounts for all payroll deductions and makes payments for 401(k) deferral deductions, loans, and other deductions. Informs employees about quarterly payments, maintains current employee donations records, and enters info into the donor database.
- Calculates pay increases and bonuses.
- Maintains records of PTO balances and reconciles them to third-party provider records.
- Reviews provider payroll reports and transactions for accuracy.
- Assists with the ongoing maintenance of employee records, including current job descriptions, and other required documentation to ensure compliance with the appropriate federal, state, and LANL Foundation record keeping requirements.
- Prepares Annual Salary and Benefits letters to employees.
- Assists VP of Finance and Operations with on-boarding of new employees.
- Assists with selecting and overseeing the employer-sponsored benefit programs insurance plans and other benefits programs.
- Maintains the contracts for contract personnel and assists as liaison for other vendor services.
- Assists management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines.
- Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications.
- Financial Statements, Tax Returns and Audit Preparation: Supports the VP of Finance and Ops and the CEO with the preparation of certain schedules and correspondence that support both monthly financial statements and the annual audit.
- Budget Support: Supports the VP with the annual preparation of the operating budget, preparing worksheets based on financial data, and providing research as needed.
- Works with VP to prepare documents and meet deadlines for board meetings, program reports, and staff meetings.
- Other: Performs other HR and accounting duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources/Accounting or equivalent years of education and experience in Human Resources and Accounting
- 2 or more years of experience working in a professional office environment
- General knowledge of employment laws and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to execute assigned job responsibilities with minimal direct supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient with MS Office suite
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to keep strict confidentiality
- Valid and unrestricted NM driver’s license
- Sense of humor
Desired but Not Required:
- Advanced degree or certifications
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as required
This is a part-time position working 20 hours per week at an hourly rate of $24/hour. A retirement benefit is available after one year of employment. Other benefits include working in an office-friendly and team-oriented environment. LANL Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Send letter of interest and résumé by January 3, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org including HR/Accounting Associate in the subject line.
Start date: February 4, 2019
For more information about the LANL Foundation and its programs that strengthen education in Northern New Mexico, visit lanlfoundation.org.