How to Apply Educational Outreach Small Grants
Who Can Apply
The LANL Foundation’s Educational Outreach Small Grants are open to school districts, nonprofit New Mexico educational institutions, IRS-qualified 501 (c)(3) organizations, government agencies, and Pueblo/Tribal communities serving Los Alamos, Mora, Rio Arriba, San Miguel, Sandoval, Santa Fe, and Taos counties. LANL Foundation has expanded its Educational Outreach Small Grants program to include school district and nonprofit projects not restricted to STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math).
The LANL Foundation has made recent changes in the application process and eligibility requirements for the Educational OUtreach Small Grants program:
• Organizations are eligible to receive one grant per calendar year.
• Only one school is each of the 20 school districts is eligible for a grant per year.
• Awardees that received LANL Foundation grants in previous years and did not meet all of the reporting deadlines or other requirements of their funding agreements will be ineligible to receive small grants.
How to Apply
All organizations interested in applying for a small grant must submit a proposal including the application and supporting documents by the 15th of the month (excluding December). Small Grant applications will only be submitted online through the Foundation’s website. The online application will enable you to describe your program or organization and submit supporting documents.
Before beginning the online application, please view the application instructions.
- A copy of the organization’s certificate of tax exemption from the IRS as a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization or statement certifying that your organization is a nonprofit New Mexico educational institution, qualified government agency, or Pueblo/Tribal community
- Current documentation of registration and compliance with the Registry of Charitable Organizations under the Office of the New Mexico Attorney General as required by the New Mexico Charitable Solicitations Act—501 (c)(3) organizations only
- Itemized program budget including all sources of revenue and expenses
- Letter of support from the applicant organization’s board of directors, governing authority, or school principal
- Fiscal sponsorship agreement (if applicable)
The following organizations are NOT eligible for funding:
• 501 (c)(3) charitable organizations not registered with the Registry of Charitable Organizations under the Office of the New Mexico Attorney as required by the New Mexico Charitable Solicitations Act
• Individuals or fraternal, veteran, labor or athletic organizations serving a limited constituency
• Political or lobbying organizations, or those supporting the candidacy of particular individuals
• Organizations whose activities are mainly international, requests for international travel
• Private foundations
• Capital fund drives of colleges
• Awardees that received LANL Foundation grants in previous years and did not meet all of the reporting deadlines or other requirements of their funding agreements