Apply for Education Outreach and Community Outreach Grants
Who Can Apply
LANL Foundation $2,500 Grants are open to school districts, nonprofit New Mexico educational institutions, IRS-qualified 501 (c)(3) organizations, government agencies, and Pueblo/Tribal communities serving Los Alamos, Mora, Rio Arriba, San Miguel, Sandoval, Santa Fe, and Taos counties.
• Education Outreach Grants directly support education
programs for public school children in grades K–12
(not resricted to STEM). See below for district information.
• Community Outreach Grants still meet our mission
and vision but might not be as directly tied to
K–12 public education.
See Grant Elegibility for detailed information.
How to Apply
Grant proposal including the application and supporting documents are submitted through our online form (available after Feb 1, 2017.)
February 15, May 15, August 15 & November 15
Grant applications are submitted through the online form (available after Feb 1) that will enable you to describe your program and organization as well as upload supporting documents.
Before beginning the online application, please view the step-by-step application instructions. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND having your answers prewritten in a separate, saved document to avoid possible loss of information in the event of a problem during online submission. Our form does not have an auto-save feature.
Required Supporting Documents
- A copy of the organization’s certificate of tax exemption from the IRS as a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization or statement certifying that your organization is a nonprofit New Mexico educational institution, qualified government agency, or Pueblo/Tribal community
- Current documentation of registration and compliance with the Registry of Charitable Organizations under the Office of the New Mexico Attorney General as required by the New Mexico Charitable Solicitations Act—501(c)(3) organizations only
- Itemized program/event budget including all sources of revenue and expenses
- Letter of support signed the head of the organization, governing authority, or school principal
- Fiscal sponsorship agreement (if applicable)