2021 Outreach Grant Proposals
The LANL Foundation’s Outreach Grants are open to school districts, nonprofit New Mexico educational institutions, IRS-qualified 501(c)(3) organizations, government agencies, and Pueblo/Tribal communities serving Los Alamos, Mora, Rio Arriba, San Miguel, Sandoval, Santa Fe, and Taos counties.
NOTE: There is one application for Outreach Grants, and your eligibility for consideration under Education or Community Outreach will be determined by your age group(s) served.
- 501(c)(3) charitable organizations not registered with the Registry of Charitable Organizations under the Office of the New Mexico Attorney as required by the New Mexico Charitable Solicitations Act
- Individuals or fraternal, veteran, labor or athletic organizations serving a limited constituency
- Political or lobbying organizations, or those supporting the candidacy of particular individuals
- Organizations whose activities are mainly international, requests for international travel
- Private foundations
- Capital fund drives of colleges
- Awardees of prior LANL Foundation grants that did not meet all of the reporting deadlines or other requirements of the funding agreement
Before you begin: Ensure you have all your Supporting Documents
*If the applying organization is not a 501(c)3, all supporting documents should be related to the Fiscal Sponsor.
- A copy of the organization’s certificate of tax exemption from the IRS as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. This can be either a Determination Letter or an Affirmation Letter.
- Current documentation of registration and compliance with the Registry of Charitable Organizations under the Office of the New Mexico Attorney General as required by the New Mexico Charitable Solicitations Act.
- This document must demonstrate tax compliance for the 2018 (2019, even better) tax year.
- Example of New Mexico Charitable Organization Registration Form
- Itemized proposal/program budget, including all sources of revenue and expenses.
- Up to 2 letters of support.
- Primary letter: Must be signed by the head of organization, board chair, or governing authority on official organizational letterhead
- Additional Letter: (optional) From a participant or collaborating partner.
- If you're an organization working within the public school setting, a Letter of Support from the school principal or district superintendent, where the work is occurring, is strongly encouraged.
- Fiscal sponsorship agreement (if applicable).
Public School, School District, University, or Educational Institutions
- For Districts and Schools: Letter of support from the School Principal on School or District letterhead including the School's Tax ID.
- For Districts and Schools: Letter of support from the District Superintendent on School or District letterhead including the District's Tax ID.
- For Universities, Colleges or Educational Institutions: Letter of Support from a Chief Financial Officer or Institutional Leadership.
- Itemized program/project/event budget
- Please include all sources of revenue and expenses, highlighting LANL Foundation Grant funds, as well as other grant support towards the program/project/event
- Additional Letters: (optional) From a participant or collaborating partner.
- Letter of support from the Governor or Tribal Leadership on official Pueblo/Tribal community letterhead including your Pueblo's Tax ID.
- Itemized program/project/event budget (include all sources of revenue and expenses, highlighting other grant support or donations)
- Additional Letters (optional): From a participant or collaborating partner.
Submit a Final Report:
In order to remain eligible to apply for and receive future funding, all grant recipients are required to submit a final report online, through your account, within one year of your grant award.
Please reach out to us with any questions by e-mailing Sylvan and Whitney at email@example.com
We can help you in accessing the application/reporting portal, changing passwords, uploading documents, and provide additional technical support or answer grants-related questions.
For the final report, you will be asked to upload your final budget with expenditures of grant funding. Grantees will receive notification when the Final Report is due.
Note: Once you have logged in, please select the "Requirements" tab located at the upper left-hand corner. Thank you.