Here are some tips to help you efficiently complete a grant application:
- Once logged in to the application, review the questions and requested documents, then collect the necessary information and materials.
- WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND having your answers prewritten in a separate, saved document to avoid possible loss of information in the event of a problem during online submission. Our form does not have an auto-save feature.
Need some help? Contact us at email@example.com or 505-753-8890 x120
Step-By-Step Application Guide
Grant proposals are submitted through our online application form.
If your organization has already submitted a grant through the LANL Foundation online system, login using the current account username and password, then skip to STEP 2a.
- From the login page on the online form, first-time applicants must set up an account. Click on "New Applicant?" to begin the process.
- Create an online account using an email address and password. (If an error message displays, the email address may have been already used to set up a prior account. Try the "Forgot my Password" link on the previous login screen or use a different email.)
- Keep a record of the email address and password. You will use that login information in the future to access in-process applications, submit your final report, and see the history of submitted applications.
- You may share this information with others who need access to the online application. If someone else from your organization signs up with a different account user name and login, they will not be able to access your in-process application. It will only create a new account or application.
- Once the account is created, you will be taken to the application.
STEP 2a: COMPLETE APPLICATION
- Once logged in, begin completing the online application according to the red tabs at the top of the page.
- All items denoted with a red asterisk* are required fields. You will not be permitted to submit your application without completing these fields.
- Review My Application: gives you the option to review what you have completed at any time. It is highly recommended that you review the completed application before submitting it to the Foundation.
STEP 2b: SAVE & FINISH THE APPLICATION LATER
- You have the option to click "Save and Finish Later" at the bottom of the application to exit and keep the information you have entered.
- If you want to continue working, press the "Next" button.
- If you use the "Save and Finish Later" option, you may access the incomplete application at a later time.
- Click here to continue or finish an in-progress application. You can also use the link that was sent to you via email, with the confirmation of your account user name and password. NOTE: There is no auto-save feature in this form. You must click "Save and Finish Later" or your information may be lost.
STEP 3a: LOCATE ATTACHMENTS
- The last page of the application contains a list of attachments. Some are required* in order to complete and submit the application.
- *A copy of the organization’s certificate of tax exemption from the IRS as a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization or statement certifying that your organization is a nonprofit New Mexico educational institution, qualified government agency, or Pueblo/Tribal community.
- *Current documentation of registration and compliance with the Registry of Charitable Organizations under the Office of the New Mexico Attorney General as required by the New Mexico Charitable Solicitations Act—501(c)(3) organizations only.
- *Itemized program/event budget including all sources of revenue and expenses.
- *Letter of support signed by the head of the organization, governing authority, or school principal.
- Fiscal sponsorship agreement (if applicable). Download the PDF form, fill it out, and obtain the required signatures. If you are unable to save an electronically completed PDF, print the file then scan it to submit (see STEP 3b for details).
STEP 3b: UPLOAD ATTACHMENTS
- All required attachments to your application must be uploaded electronically through the form.
- If your organization does not have digital copies of the required documents, scan and save them as PDF files.
- If your organization does not have scanning capabilities, take the required documents to a local library or photocopy shop that can assist you.
- Click the drop-down menu on the field "Title" to view all types of attachments that may be required for your application.
- Select the document type from the drop down box.
- Click the "Browse” button and go to the location of the document on your computer that corresponds with the attachment that you wish to upload.
- Highlight the document and click "Open" or "OK"
- Once selected, the document will show in "File Name” on the application screen.
- Click the "Upload” button.
- Repeat this process to upload each additional document. If you do not have documentation prepared at this point, click "Save and Finish Later" to hold the application until you have completed the appropriate forms. You cannot submit the final application and send the attachments later.
STEP 4: REVIEW & SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- When you are finished answering all questions and uploading all required attachments, press "Review and Submit."
- You will have the ability to review your application one last time before submitting it to the Foundation.
- Once you submit the application, you will receive an email confirming its receipt. The email will also contain a copy of the completed application for your records.