The LANL Foundation’s Community Outreach Grants are open to schools, nonprofit New Mexico educational institutions, IRS-qualified 501(c)(3) organizations, government agencies, and Pueblo/Tribal communities serving Los Alamos, Mora, Rio Arriba, San Miguel, Sandoval, Santa Fe, and Taos counties.
Community Outreach Grants still meet our mission and vision of innovative programming, collaboration, and advocacy for lifelong learning but are not required to solely support K-12 public education. Early childhood, adult learning, or community events are a few focus areas that fall under this category.
Grants of up to $2500 are awarded quarterly. In some cases, larger amounts are given to support sustainability of promising programs (by invitation only). Recipients have one full year to spend the grant money. Each program may receive only one grant per year.
- 501(c)(3) charitable organizations not registered with the Registry of Charitable Organizations under the Office of the New Mexico Attorney as required by the New Mexico Charitable Solicitations Act
- Individuals or fraternal, veteran, labor or athletic organizations serving a limited constituency
- Political or lobbying organizations, or those supporting the candidacy of particular individuals
- Organizations whose activities are mainly international, requests for international travel
- Private foundations
- Capital fund drives of colleges
- Awardees of prior LANL Foundation grants that did not meet all of the reporting deadlines or other requirements of the funding agreement