LANL Foundation is thrilled to announce new grantmaking processes for 2020. There will be a single cycle for Community and Education Outreach Grants. Applicants can apply for up to $5,000 in support of a program or project; requests for capacity-building operational support will also be considered.
The deadline for applications is March 12 by 5 pm MST.
This category of grants must directly support education programs for public school children in grades K–12. If your program is education related but does not directly serve K–12 public school students, you may be eligible for a Community Outreach Grant.
The LANL Foundation’s Education Outreach Grants are open to school districts, nonprofit New Mexico educational institutions, IRS-qualified 501(c)(3) organizations, government agencies, and Pueblo/Tribal communities serving Los Alamos, Mora, Rio Arriba, San Miguel, Sandoval, Santa Fe, and Taos counties.
All applicants will be notified in May 2020. Grant recipients have one full year to spend the grant money.
- 501(c)(3) charitable organizations not registered with the Registry of Charitable Organizations under the Office of the New Mexico Attorney as required by the New Mexico Charitable Solicitations Act
- Individuals or fraternal, veteran, labor or athletic organizations serving a limited constituency
- Political or lobbying organizations, or those supporting the candidacy of particular individuals
- Organizations whose activities are mainly international, requests for international travel
- Private foundations
- Capital fund drives of colleges
- Awardees of prior LANL Foundation grants that did not meet all of the reporting deadlines or other requirements of the funding agreement
Grantee Final Report
All grant recipients are required to submit a final report through our online portal within one year. This final report includes a description of the outcomes and impact of the project, changes to use of funding, challenges, and evaluation of goals and objectives, including final budget with expenditures of grant funding. Grantees that do not submit a timely final report will be ineligible to receive future funding.
Send Us Your Story
We want to know how your grant made a difference in your school, organization, or community. Tell your impact story with a personal quote from you or someone your program served and send us photos through our Story Bank. We may feature you on our website!