Career Pathways Scholarship Application Now Open
Deadline: April 18, 2022
Career Pathways Scholars are focused and determined, with a clear vision of the career or trade they intend to pursue. These scholars are highly motivated to gain the skills and credentials needed to enter the workforce in their career of choice, with the primary goal of improving quality of life for themselves, their family and their community. This scholarship supports high school seniors and those with a high school diploma or GED/High School Equivalency (HSE) in pursuit of a 2-year degree, trade or certificate.
Career Pathways Scholarships are $750 awards per semester up to $3,000 total. Renewal is dependent upon remaining in good academic standing and making progress toward completion.
- Must be currently enrolled in or planning to enroll in a two-year degree program or certificate program.
- Must be a permanent resident (366 consecutive days+) of Northern New Mexico in Los Alamos, Mora, Rio Arriba, San Miguel, Sandoval, Santa Fe, or Taos County by the time of application.
- Must have received a high school diploma or GED, or:
- be near completion of a GED/HSE program
- be a high school senior currently enrolled in your final semester of high school.
- Strong applications in any area of study will be considered.
Examples of successful Career Pathways applicants:
- A current high school senior who has a strong interest in a specific trade or career path, and intends to enroll in a 2-year degree or certificate program in that field immediately after high school.
- A GED recipient who is currently making minimum wage and is motivated to go back to school to gain additional skills and obtain a better-paying job.
- An adult who left formal education and wants to earn an Associate’s degree that will allow them to provide for their family while pursuing their dreams.
- An individual who already has a degree and years of work experience, but wants to pursue a different path and needs a 2-year degree or certification to jumpstart their career change.