Our mission is to inspire excellence in education and learning in Northern New Mexico through innovative programming, collaboration, and advocacy.
Our vision is that all New Mexicans have the skills and confidence they need to be self-sufficient, lifelong learners who are engaged in their community.
- Equal Opportunity - Every child should have access, equity and excellence in education.
- Openness - Our business and grantmaking processes are fair and open to the public.
- Diversity - We reflect the diversity of Northern New Mexico in every aspect of our business.
- Partnership - We partner with others to achieve our success. We respect the integrity and knowledge of local communities.
- Accountability - We are accountable to the community, the Laboratory, and the nation.
- Integrity - We strive to be fair, honest, and trustworthy in all that we do.
As a learning organization, the LANL Foundation is committed to listen to the communities we serve and to promote racial and social equity in all our programs and grantmaking. We know that public education plays a unique and powerful role in shaping the trajectories for all communities, especially communities of color — either positively by expanding opportunities or adversely by perpetuating racial disparities.
Through our strategic focus, we will continue to work as an organization to recognize our own biases and privileges and to see the impact that race, poverty, class, language, historical trauma, oppression, and other differences have on our work and our society. We will also encourage this work in other organizations and in our community. Our grantmaking and new program development will continue with the urgency to address these issues.