Through a new two-stage Education Enrichment application process, LANL Foundation will select twelve recipients to receive $20,000 awards, totaling $240,000 of investment in education across Northern New Mexico. The first round of proposals will ask for bigger picture ideas, demonstrating specific impact in one or more of LANL Foundation’s Education Enrichment Grant Focus Areas:
- College, Career & Pathways
- Growing and Supporting Teachers & Educational Leaders
- Social-Emotional & Neurosequential Learning
The second round of proposals will begin in late August when a select group of applicants from the first round are invited to submit longer narrative proposals, which will be due early September. The grant award recipients will be selected and announced in October 2020.
Before you begin:
Ensure you have all your Supporting Documents
- A copy of the organization’s certificate of tax exemption from the IRS as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
- Current documentation of registration and compliance with the Registry of Charitable Organizations under the Office of the New Mexico Attorney General as required by the New Mexico Charitable Solicitations Act. Or
- This document must demonstrate tax compliance no later than the 2018 tax year.
- Example of New Mexico Charitable Organization Registration Form
- Itemized proposal/program budget, including all sources of revenue and expenses.
- Up to 2 letters of support.
- Primary letter: Must be signed by the head of organization, board chair, or governing authority on official organizational letterhead
- Additional Letter: (optional) From a participant or collaborating partner.
- Fiscal sponsorship agreement (if applicable).
- Letter of support from the School Principal on School or District letterhead including the School's Tax ID.
- Letter of support from the District Superintendent on School or District letterhead including the District's Tax ID.
- Itemized program/project/event budget (all sources of revenue and expenses, including other grant support towards the program/project/event)
- Additional Letters: (optional) From a participant or collaborating partner.
- Letter of support from the Governor or Tribal Leadership on official Pueblo/Tribal community letterhead including your Pueblo's Tax ID.
- Itemized program/project/event budget (include all sources of revenue and expenses, highlighting other grant support or donations)
- Additional Letters (optional) : From a participant or collaborating partner.
Submit a Final Report:
All previously awarded grant recipients are required to submit a final report online, through your account, within one year on your intitial award. This final report includes a description of the outcomes and impact of the project, changes to use of funding, challenges, and evaluation of goals and objectives, including final budget with expenditures of grant funding. Grantees will receive notification when the Final Report is due. Grantees that do not submit a timely final report will be ineligible to receive future funding.
Note: Once you have logged in, please select the "Requirements" tab located at the upper left-hand corner. Thank you.