There are two grant cycles in 2019, Deadlines are February 15 and September 15 (extended from August 15).
This category of grants must directly support education programs for public school children in grades K–12. If your program is education related but does not directly serve K–12 public school students, you may be eligible for a Community Outreach Grant.
The LANL Foundation’s Education Outreach Grants are open to school districts, nonprofit New Mexico educational institutions, IRS-qualified 501(c)(3) organizations, government agencies, and Pueblo/Tribal communities serving Los Alamos, Mora, Rio Arriba, San Miguel, Sandoval, Santa Fe, and Taos counties.
Grants of up to $2500 are awarded twice annually. Recipients have one full year to spend the grant money. Each program may receive only one grant per year.
- 501(c)(3) charitable organizations not registered with the Registry of Charitable Organizations under the Office of the New Mexico Attorney as required by the New Mexico Charitable Solicitations Act
- Individuals or fraternal, veteran, labor or athletic organizations serving a limited constituency
- Political or lobbying organizations, or those supporting the candidacy of particular individuals
- Organizations whose activities are mainly international, requests for international travel
- Private foundations
- Capital fund drives of colleges
- Awardees of prior LANL Foundation grants that did not meet all of the reporting deadlines or other requirements of the funding agreement