Our 2020 Outreach Grant Applications are now closed. Log-in to your account below.
Education or Community Outreach grants are awarded once a year through a competitive grant cycle. Schools, districts, non-profit and Pueblo/Tribal partners are eligible to apply for up to $5,000 in support of projects and programs serving our 7-county service area (Los Alamos, Mora, Rio Arriba, Sandoval, San Miguel, Santa Fe, and Taos counties). Note: Because of our switch to a single cycle in 2020, partners that received grants in our Fall 2019 cycle are eligible to apply in the upcoming 2020 cycle. Those recipients must submit an interim report via email to email@example.com with the following: (This is meant to be a brief update.)
- Accounting of grant expenditures thus far (how much has been spent of the grant). Please include a budget showing additional funding sources, if applicable.
- A program update (list activities and events, share successes and learning opportunities).
- Any changes been made to you program plan? If so, how?
- Community, ages and numbers served?
- Projected date of program completion.
All organizations interested in applying for an Education or Community Outreach grant must submit an online proposal that includes an application and uploaded supporting documents.
Before Beginning a Grant Application
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND viewing our step-by-step grant form instructions to assist you to have your answers prewritten in a separate, saved document prior to submitting your grant application. This will help to avoid possible loss of information in the event of a problem during online submission. Our form does not have an auto-save feature.
- A copy of the organization’s certificate of tax exemption from the IRS as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization or statement certifying that your organization is a nonprofit New Mexico educational institution, qualified government agency, or Pueblo/Tribal community.
- Current documentation of registration and compliance with the Registry of Charitable Organizations under the Office of the New Mexico Attorney General as required by the New Mexico Charitable Solicitations Act—501(c)(3) organizations only.
- This document must be within current within an organization's fiscal year.
- Example of New Mexico Charitable Organization Registration Form
- Itemized program/event budget including all sources of revenue and expenses.
- Up to 4 letters of support.
- Primary letter: Must be signed by the head of organization, board chair, or governing authority.
- Additional Letters (optional) : From a participant or collaborating partner.
- Fiscal sponsorship agreement (if applicable).
- A copy of your School's Tax ID printed on School or District letterhead, with a statement certifying that your organization is a nonprofit New Mexico educational institution.
- Itemized program/project/event budget (all sources of revenue and expenses, including other grant support towards the program/project/event)
- Letter of support from the School Principal or district Superintendent on School or District letterhead.
- Provide your Pueblo's Tax ID on an official Pueblo/Tribal community letterhead.
- Itemized program/project/event budget (include all sources of revenue and expenses, highlighting other grant support or donations)
- Letter of support from the Governor or Tribal Leadership on Pueblo/Tribal community letterhead.
Log in to your account to access previously submitted application matertial or access your final report requirement.
Grantee Final Report
All Outreach Grant recipients are required to submit a final report online, through your account, within one year. This final report includes a description of the outcomes and impact of the project, changes to use of funding, challenges, and evaluation of goals and objectives, including final budget with expenditures of grant funding. Grantees will receive notification when the Final Report is due. Grantees that do not submit a timely final report will be ineligible to receive future funding.
Note: Once you have logged in, please select the "Requirements" tab located at the upper left-hand corner. Thank you.
Send Us Your Story
We want to know how your grant made a difference in your school, organization, or community. Tell your impact story with a personal quote from you or someone your program served and send us photos through our Story Bank. We may feature you on our website!