Please note that ALL grants have been awarded for 2019. LANL Foundation will announce a new grantmaking process in January 2020.
Grants of up to $2500 are awarded, and recipients have one full year to spend the money.
Each program may receive only one grant per year.
All organizations interested in applying for an Education or Community Outreach grant must submit an online proposal that includes an application and uploaded supporting documents.
Before Beginning a Grant Application:
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND viewing our step-by-step grant form instructions and sample application to assist you to have your answers prewritten in a separate, saved document prior to submitting your grant application. This will help to avoid possible loss of information in the event of a problem during online submission. Our form does not have an auto-save feature.
- A copy of the organization’s certificate of tax exemption from the IRS as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization or statement certifying that your organization is a nonprofit New Mexico educational institution, qualified government agency, or Pueblo/Tribal community.
- Current documentation of registration and compliance with the Registry of Charitable Organizations under the Office of the New Mexico Attorney General as required by the New Mexico Charitable Solicitations Act—501(c)(3) organizations only.
- Itemized program/event budget including all sources of revenue and expenses.
- Letter of support signed by the head of the organization, governing authority, or school principal.
- Fiscal sponsorship agreement (if applicable).
Applications for 2019 must be submitted by one of the following deadlines:
- February 15
- September 15 (extended from August 15)
For Educational Outreach Grants that fund programs, projects, and events primarily supporting K-12 students and teachers/educational leaders, please select one of the following categories to apply:
For Community Outreach Grants, which fund community based programs, projects and events that support lifelong learners of all ages, please select one of the following application links:
Grantee Final Report
All Small Grant recipients are required to submit a final report online, through your account, within one year. This final report includes a description of the outcomes and impact of the project, changes to use of funding, challenges, and evaluation of goals and objectives, including final budget with expenditures of grant funding. Grantees will receive notification when the Final Report is due. Grantees that do not submit a timely final report will be ineligible to receive future funding.
Note: Once you have logged in, please select the "Requirements" tab located at the upper left-hand corner. Thank you.
Send Us Your Story
We want to know how your grant made a difference in your school, organization, or community. Tell your impact story with a personal quote from you or someone your program served and send us photos through our Story Bank. We may feature you on our website!