Our new 2020 Outreach Grant Applications are live and available. Please see links below.
Education and Community Outreach Grant Applications are DUE on March 12 by 5 pm MST.
IMPORTANT CHANGE in our grantmaking process: LANL Foundation has moved to a single cycle for Education and Community Outreach Grants.
Education or Community Outreach grants are awarded once a year through a competitive grant cycle. Schools, districts, non-profit and Pueblo/Tribal partners are eligible to apply for up to $5,000 in support of projects and programs serving our 7-county service area (Los Alamos, Mora, Rio Arriba, Sandoval, San Miguel, Santa Fe, and Taos counties). Note: Because of our switch to a single cycle in 2020, partners that received grants in our Fall 2019 cycle are eligible to apply in the upcoming 2020 cycle.
All organizations interested in applying for an Education or Community Outreach grant must submit an online proposal that includes an application and uploaded supporting documents.
Before Beginning a Grant Application
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND viewing our step-by-step grant form instructions and sample application to assist you to have your answers prewritten in a separate, saved document prior to submitting your grant application. This will help to avoid possible loss of information in the event of a problem during online submission. Our form does not have an auto-save feature.
- A copy of the organization’s certificate of tax exemption from the IRS as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization or statement certifying that your organization is a nonprofit New Mexico educational institution, qualified government agency, or Pueblo/Tribal community.
- Current documentation of registration and compliance with the Registry of Charitable Organizations under the Office of the New Mexico Attorney General as required by the New Mexico Charitable Solicitations Act—501(c)(3) organizations only.
- Itemized program/event budget including all sources of revenue and expenses.
- Letter of support signed by the head of the organization, governing authority, or school principal.
- Fiscal sponsorship agreement (if applicable).
Applications for 2020 must be submitted by March 12, 2020 by 5:00pm
For Education Outreach Grants that fund programs, projects, and events primarily supporting K-12 students and teachers/educational leaders, please select one of the following categories to apply:
For Community Outreach Grants, which fund community-based programs, projects and events that support lifelong learners of all ages, please select one of the following application links:
Grantee Final Report
All Outreach Grant recipients are required to submit a final report online, through your account, within one year. This final report includes a description of the outcomes and impact of the project, changes to use of funding, challenges, and evaluation of goals and objectives, including final budget with expenditures of grant funding. Grantees will receive notification when the Final Report is due. Grantees that do not submit a timely final report will be ineligible to receive future funding.
Note: Once you have logged in, please select the "Requirements" tab located at the upper left-hand corner. Thank you.
Send Us Your Story
We want to know how your grant made a difference in your school, organization, or community. Tell your impact story with a personal quote from you or someone your program served and send us photos through our Story Bank. We may feature you on our website!