LANL Foundation awarded Regional College/Returning Student scholarships to 16 Northern New Mexico students.
These $1000 awards from the Los Alamos Employees’ Scholarship Fund help local, nontraditional students return to formal education to expand job opportunities or pursue new careers with a certification or two-year degree from an accredited college or university in Northern New Mexico.
The July 2017 scholarship winners are:
- Lynette Baca of Canjilon, studying pre-engineering at Northern New Mexico College
- Pennie Ballinger of Santa Fe, studying business administration at Northern New Mexico College
- Bobby Barela of Santa Fe, studying HVAC and plumbing at Santa Fe Community College
- Tracy Bell of Taos, studying liberal arts at University of New Mexico–Taos
- Annadine Benavidez of Santa Fe, studying hospitality and tourism at Santa Fe Community College
- Kathryn Eustice of Santa Fe, studying nursing at Santa Fe Community College
- Aaron Harford of Las Vegas, studying mathematics at Luna Community College
- Rebekah Lane of Santa Fe, studying biological sciences at Santa Fe Community College
- Jennifer Longo of Taos, studying engineering and computer science at University of New Mexico–Taos
- Jessica Martinez of Cleveland, studying nursing at Luna Community College
- Ashley Montoya of Fairview, studying nursing at Santa Fe Community College
- Timothy Nice of Edgewood, studying welding at Central New Mexico Community College
- Carrie Quade of Santa Fe, studying media arts at Santa Fe Community College
- Timmy Salazar of Ranchos de Taos, studying criminal justice at University of New Mexico –Taos
- Rosita Sanchez of Española, studying nursing at Northern New Mexico College
- Mark Simmons of Rociada, studying nursing at Luna Community College
Since 2011, 173 Regional College/Returning Student scholarships totaling $173,000 have supported adult students from Los Alamos, Mora, Rio Arriba, San Miguel, Sandoval, Santa Fe and Taos counties.
Funding comes from donations made by Los Alamos National Laboratory employees, Los Alamos National Security, LLC and community members. Scholarships are administered by the LANL Foundation, with student selection and program oversight provided by a volunteer advisory committee of donors.
Scholarships are awarded twice each year with deadlines in June and November. Visit the scholarship calendar and RCRS scholarship pages or contact John McDermon, Scholarship Program Manager, at (505) 753-8890 ext. 115 or firstname.lastname@example.org.