The LANL Foundation works to nurture partnerships and cultivate excellence for public education in Northern New Mexico. In addition to running the Inquiry Science Education Consortium, the K–12 Program Office funds and provides technical assistance for initiatives across the education spectrum and is interested in supporting new or developing projects that honor New Mexico's communities and children.
The K-12 Program Office is currently funding three key pillars of learning:
- STEAM Education
- Social Emotional Learning
- Growing and Supporting Educators and Education Leadership
Here are some examples of past collaborative work.
- Communities in Schools New Mexico
- Rio Arriba County & Pojoaque Excellence in Teaching Award
- Community Voice in Education Student Video Project
If you are interested in discussing a new education initiative with the LANL Foundation, contact LANL Foundation CEO Jenny Parks.