LANL Foundation relies on partnerships to achieve its mission to inspire excellence in education and learning that builds a Northern New Mexico community of individuals with the skills and confidence they need to be self-sufficient, lifelong learners.
K–12 Programs partner with 19 school districts, multiple tribal schools and nonprofit organizations in the seven-county region. Through grants and programs, the K–12 work prioritizes four areas of support:
- Preparing and growing teachers and education leaders;
- Promoting the social, emotional wellbeing of students and teachers;
- Encouraging interest and opportunities in science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) education; and
- Advocating for children and great schools in Northern New Mexico.
Here are some examples of our initiatives in these areas.
- National Board Certification support for teachers
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) certification
- Mindfulness training for teachers
- Thriving Students training for Española educators
- Rio Arriba County & Pojoaque Excellence in Teaching Award
- Hour of Code with NM TechWorks, LANL & Kha’p’o Community School
- Building a Northern New Mexico STEM Hub and participation in the national STEMx Network
- Inquiry Science Education Consortium (ISEC), LANL Foundation-led K-12 flagship program
If you are interested in discussing a new education initiative with the LANL Foundation, contact LANL Foundation Education Enrichment Director Michael Dabrieo.