The LANL Foundation has a variety of scholarships that range from $1,000 for a single year up to $20,000 over four years for students pursuing degrees in any field of study. The number and value of scholarships awarded each year is determined by funds available.
- Gold: $5,000 per year for four years
- Preference for the highest award is given to students pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering and math, or other career fields that respond to local needs
- Silver: $3,750 per year for four years
- Copper: $2,500 per year for four years
- Bronze: $1,500 per year for up to four years
- Silver, Copper and Bronze scholarships awarded to students pursuing any field of study
- John & Marti Browne Endowed Leadership Scholarship: $2,500 per year for up to four years
- Awarded to students with demonstrated leadership skills and financial need
- Senator Pete Domenici Endowed Scholarship: $2,500 per year for four years
- One award for a student from each of the seven Northern New Mexico counties
- Susan Herrera Endowed Scholarship: $2,500 per year for up to four years
- Supports students who have overcome personal obstacles to reach academic achievement
- Don & Connie Cobb Endowed Education Scholarship: $1,500 renewable for up to 4 years (education degrees)
- One award for a student person a degree in teaching, with an emphasis on elementary eduation
Several named/memorial scholarships have been established by individuals and organizations. Each is for one year only and may be awarded as a stand-alone scholarship or as an add-on to a multi-year award.
- Allan Johnston Memorial Scholarship: $1,000 (business-related fields)
- Bret Knapp Memorial Scholarship: $1000 (mechanical engineering and student athlete)
- NNM American Society of Mechanical Engineers Scholarship: $1,000 (mechanical or other engineering fields)
- NNM Tribal Business Scholarship: $1,500 (Native American students from Northern New Mexico who are pursuing undergraduate degrees in business-related fields)
- Rae Lee Siporin Scholarship: $1,000 (2 awards: female first-generation college student & female Native American)
- Tim Martin Memorial Scholarship: $1,000 (multiple awards for Mesa Vista High School graduates)
- William & Gertrude Fradkin Memorial Scholarship: $1,000 (high moral character & financial need)
- Raymond M. Chavez Memorial Scholarship: $2,500 (Chimayó/Española Valley resident with exceptional community service)
- Climate Change Leadership Institute Endowed Scholarship: $1,000 (earth & environmental sciences)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Scholarship: $1,000 for one year (electrical or other engineering fields, high financial need)
- LANL Workforce Retirees’ Endowed Scholarship: $1,000 for one year (high academic achievement & financial need, preference for STEM degrees)
- Marvin Martin Mueller Endowed Memorial Scholarship: $1,000 for one year (employees and family members of Los Alamos County Police Department)
- Abiquiú Land Grant - Georgia O'Keeffe Museum Scholarship: $1,500 for one year (descendant of an Abiquiú Land Grant family)
- Nancy and Jeffrey Sauer Endowed Scholarship: $1,000 for one year (students pursuing a degree in physical or environmental science)
Looking to Create a New Scholarship?
To set up a new, custom scholarship fund, honor a loved one, or discuss a planned gift to the LANL Foundation, contact Tony Fox, Vice President of Institutional Advancement & Scholarships at 505-753-8890 ext. 116 or email email@example.com.