The Northern New Mexico Tribal Business Scholarship was created to keep up with the growing need for qualified accountants, financial analysts, and business information system professionals within Tribal communities.
This scholarship is a $1,500 one-time award for Native American students in Northern New Mexico pursuing finance and business-related degrees. (Applicants can re-apply yearly if they remain in good academic standing while making progress toward completion of their degree.)
Scholarships are administered by the LANL Foundation, and a Tribal / Laboratory Advisory Committee evaluates applications and awards recipients.
To be considered for a scholarship, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a member of a Pueblo or Tribe and reside within the seven Northern New Mexico counties (Los Alamos, Mora, Rio Arriba, San Miguel, Sandoval, Santa Fe, and Taos)
- Be an undergraduate student and enrolled full-time at an accredited post-secondary educational institution
- Have a 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher cumulative grade point average
- Majoring in accounting, business administration, finance, or management information systems (MIS) degree programs, or related fields
- Application Instructions
- Deadlines & Calendar
- Tribal Business Scholarship Summary Handout
Applications will be available April 26, 2019
Application deadline is June 15, 2019